Monday, November 8, 2010

William Kentridge

Kentridge's work and art makes me feel... I can't explain it. It's as if I was looking at an old movie in which something scary is happening.Or like he is drawing about the bad things and defects of humans. I'm not really sure, it's very abstract. It is hard to understand what is happening. It's like he's trying to send a message. To a blind person I would say: "He draws an object, takes a picture, and then erases it, then he draws the next position of that object and takes another picture."
First he tries to find what he wants to make in his mind. He imagines what he will be doing. After that, he gets all of his materials needed ready. Next, he starts drawing: He draws his first image and work it to make it look as he wants. Then, he takes a picture of it. And so on until he finishes it. When he's done he sees if he likes it. If he does he makes a final drawing of it, perfectly neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment